Our incredibly successful 2022-2023 season has come to a close! As I reflect on the accomplishments and highlights that we experienced together, I would like to express my deepest gratitude to you for your part in making it happen.
This season was one of radical growth for our organization as we began to actualize the vision of serving our community with a broader scope and greater scale. New educational programs, team members, students, supporters, community partners, venues, concerts – it seems that it’s hard to find something that has stayed the same. Collectively, we have leaned in and stepped up.
This extra support and effort has paid off in a massive way, reaching more students and seeing vast growth in their skillsets as musicians and performers. It has been heartening to hear feedback from school music teachers and parents that our students are excelling. Most importantly, they have participated in something larger than themselves. In the CYO, each student is part of the team, playing a vital role in each activity, whether performing for our audiences or serving our community.
Roughly 300 instruction hours later, our talented musicians are wrapping up the season having participated in more than 15 performances to over 13,000 collective audience members. I commend each of our fantastic students for participating all season with such passion.
Finally, I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to our community for the continued support of the Cornelius Youth Orchestras. You empower and enable us to serve our Lake Norman youth – we couldn’t do it without you. I am filled with gratitude for all that we have achieved together this year. Thank you for your unwavering support and commitment to the musical growth and development of our young musicians. Your support has a massive impact and is deeply felt.
I am greatly looking forward to the incredible season ahead of us as we officially launch our new Woodwind programs and seek to double our student enrollment! With new heights to climb and goals to accomplish, this season promises to be our best yet. We are thankful to have our community’s finest with us each step of the way.
See you in the fall!
Become a Monthly Supporter!
2022-2023 SEASON HIGHLIGHTS
- Launch of the Brass Challenge program, consisting of three separate classes – Trumpet, French Horn, and Low Brass
- Increased CYO enrollment 40% from previous season
- Welcomed four new artistic faculty members – Tom Burge, Alex Wilborn, Jen Bassett, and Sam Sparrow
- Added two new members to our administrative team – Kristin Pecoraro and Jessica Agustin
- Launched preview of our brand new Woodwind Ensemble coming this fall
- Built new volunteer support – over 25 different people volunteered with the CYO this season
- Launch of the new Monthly Supporter program to broaden financial support
- Tripled average concert audience size from previous season
- Changed concert venues due to audience capacity constraints
- CYO had over 15 different performances, up from just 4 the previous season!
- Served our students over 300 instruction hours, more than doubling the previous season!
- Over 13,000 collective audience members this season
- Over 20 visits in local school classrooms for guest coaching and recruitment sessions.
- Hosted the mayor of Huntersville and various other local government officials at our concerts
- Distributed over 5000 (and counting!) pieces of recruitment literature to over 80 local schools
- Hosted a continuing education class given by CYO brass faculty for CMS band teachers
- and so much more!